PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ornament and Evergreen Wreath

This is a repost from this post here. I made this wreath last year and didn't take the best pictures in the world so I thought I'd repost. Enjoy!! :)

 I was inspired to make this wreath by Martha Stewart's ornament wreath on her website: Martha's version.

We all know how incredible Martha is, but sometimes her instructions can be complicated and supplies hard to find- at least for me anyway. So instead of purchasing a wire wreath form and ornaments on wire stems (where do you even find those?!) I opted for an easier, more-cost-effective version. 

I bought several boxes of ornaments at Wal-mart (they had such a great selection!), both large and small. I bought the evergreen wreath and foam wreath form on sale at Michael's. Whatever size you choose, your foam wreath form should fit just around the inside of your evergreen wreath as pictured below.
First, I used floral wire to attach the wreath form to the evergreen wreath in several places around the wreath. I feel like I saw someone else make a wreath similar to Martha's against an evergreen wreath, but I'm not sure where.
Then glue on your ornaments, alternating colors. Glue the large ones on first, ornament stem down. (I removed all the ornament tops that hold the wires before this step because I was afraid the silver and gold would show through, but if you put on plenty of ornaments you may not have to worry about that step.) I glued down clusters of large ornaments first and then glued the small ones in the open spaces.

When gluing the ornaments I first glued the ornament to the wreath form then put spots of glue on the ornaments that would be touching the one I was gluing down. The hard part was guessing where they would actually touch. Once you get going, though, it gets easier.
 I started gluing in one spot and worked until I got all the way around the wreath ensuring there were as few open spaces as possible. Fill any open spaces with small ornaments. It's okay to glue small ones right on top of the big ones. This wreath is BIG. 


Hang it up and adore the merriment it creates! This wreath is very large and makes a big statement on my front door. I'd show you the big picture of my entire door, but my apartment hallway is less than exciting. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a couple more of my holiday posts from last year in case you missed them! 

I hope you're farther along in getting ready for Christmas than I am!! 
It sure does sneak up on us, huh?!
Thanks for reading!
 Linking to the parties on my sidebar.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love ornament wreaths and this is stunning!! Great job.

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

I'm over visiting from the Nap Time Crafters link party. I love this wreath! Beautiful!
~Kara (your newest follower :)
www.petalstopicots.com

Emily Weinzapfel said...

Such a great ornament wreath!! I love that you put the garland behind it to make it so much more unique :)
Would love for you to link up @ Find Your Craft Friday over on my blog... Have a great Friday!

Emily @ BabyBerry
http://weinzapfelbabyberry.blogspot.com/

Emily Thompson said...

both are beautiful!!! Would love for you to come link up to my special wreath party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/joyful-jars-and-wreaths.html

Mobile app development company said...

Great post. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Android app development company in Pune is invaluable for businesses and individuals looking to harness the vast Android user base and launch custom apps on this platform, making their ideas accessible to a wide audience. Whether it's for startups or established enterprises, these companies play a pivotal role in turning Android app concepts into tangible, high-quality products.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad